[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24995: On WordPress network, importer stops without doing anything, doesn't even write out complete page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 8 20:55:34 UTC 2013

#24995: On WordPress network, importer stops without doing anything, doesn't even
write out complete page
 Reporter:  novasource    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Import        |    Version:  3.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 I have a WordPress network with many blogs. I exported a few posts from
 one blog (export file attached with some details sanitized). I then
 imported the posts into another blog.

 Not only does the import probably do nothing, the '''/''blogname''/wp-
 admin/import.php''' page stops rendering after:
 {{{
 <h2>Import WordPress</h2>
 }}}

 That is, if you do a view source on the page, the above '''h2''' element
 is the last thing you see.

 Expected behavior: execution does not stop mid-page, and if there is an
 error, it is displayed for logged-in administrative users.

 I am logged in as a network administrator.