[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and autogenerating

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 26 13:49:45 UTC 2013

#24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and
autogenerating
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 Replying to [comment:35 kovshenin]:
 > @ryan, local. I haven't tested it with external cache, but I can try if
 it helps. I'm no cache guru but I assumed every cache get was sent to
 external cache, and now I see there's a `$force` argument there, at least
 in the memcached plugin on .org, not entirely sure how that's used in the
 wild.

 External cache hits only occur once. Then it gets stored locally for
 future retrieval on that page. Local cache hits are just fine. $force
 relatively new and is only there for the rare instance when you need to
 hit external cache again (like when you are using an external object cache
 for locking a process — we use it for cron locking). Most object cache
 backends likely don't yet even support $force; they go straight to local
 no matter what.

 Local cache hits are fine. It's no different than a local array, just with
 the overhead of an extra few function calls.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24011#comment:36>