[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and autogenerating

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 23 02:29:37 UTC 2013

#24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and
autogenerating
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by knutsp):

 Replying to [comment:14 markmcwilliams]:
 > I've only just spotted this, but WHY should status and aside posts not
 have a title? I, for example, quite like being able to show the title on
 the single post views.

 They do have a title. Hiding an edit field for something does not mean
 it's not there. Hiding and utogenerating means you don't have to write it.

 Whether titles are used on single post views is theme dependent.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24011#comment:15>