[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21737: Users should have to jump through hoops to set passwords of their choosing, and we should guard better against weak passwords

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 18 02:44:55 UTC 2013

#21737: Users should have to jump through hoops to set passwords of their choosing,
and we should guard better against weak passwords
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith      |       Owner:  westi
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by clwill):

 My point is that equation has two sides to it. Both sides should be
 addressed. There are many approaches, but if you only were to drop it to
 10guesses/sec you cut the problem by two orders of magnitude.

 Focusing only on one side of the equation, and the one that WP has the
 least control over (user behavior) is myopic.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21737#comment:29>