[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22045: TinyMCE button & media bar integration is broken with 3.5beta1 when visual editor is enabled

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Sep 28 20:18:37 UTC 2012

#22045: TinyMCE button & media bar integration is broken with 3.5beta1 when visual
editor is enabled
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  harmr            |       Type:  defect (bug)
 My plugin "[http://www.mapsmarker.com Leaflet Maps Marker]" adds an icon
 to the media bar and to the TinyMCE bar in visual mode and a plain button
 in html mode.
 This integration is partly broken since WordPress 3.5alpha and can also be
 reproduced in 3.5beta1. Although debug is turned on, I only
 get the console output - which unfortunately doesnt help me in locating
 the problem:

 {{{
 Failed to load: http://beta.mapsmarker.com/wp-content/plugins/leaflet-
 maps-marker/
 http://beta.mapsmarker.com/wp-
 includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js?ver=356-21964 (Zeile 1)
 }}}

 Steps to reproduce:
 - install and activate the plugin "Leaflet Maps Marker"
 - check if visual editor is enabled in your profile
 - go to post or page edit screen
 - tinymce-bar doesnt get displayed

 If you disable the visual editor in your profile and open post or page
 edit screen, the media icon and the "insert map"-button as quicktag work
 as designed

 The tinymce-code gets called via the following code in my plugin:

 {{{
     if ( isset($lmm_options['misc_tinymce_button']) &&
 ($lmm_options['misc_tinymce_button'] == 'enabled') ) {
         require_once( plugin_dir_path( __FILE__ ) . 'inc' .
 DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'tinymce-plugin.php' );
     }
 }}}

 the code for tinymce_plugin.php can be found on github:
 [https://github.com/robertharm/Leaflet-Maps-Marker/blob/dev/inc/tinymce-
 plugin.php]

 any help for solving this incompatibility is appreciated!