[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22043: WP_Query::is_tax true even when I am not really on a taxonomy page, but rather querying a taxonomy

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Sep 28 19:24:35 UTC 2012

#22043: WP_Query::is_tax true even when I am not really on a taxonomy page, but
rather querying a taxonomy
 Reporter:  dbernar1         |       Type:  defect (bug)
 post_type parameter default depends on the is_tax attribute. This is not
 documented here:
 http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Type_.26_Status_Parameters

 If is_tax is true, and post_type is not provided, the default of 'any'
 kicks in, and if is_tax is not set, the default of 'post' kicks in.

 Either it is a bug, or perhaps just the documentation needs to be updated.

 Please let me know what you think.

 Thank you for sharing your software.