[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21862: Don't display show_option_none in wp_dropdown_categories when categories exist

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Sep 10 15:16:48 UTC 2012

#21862: Don't display show_option_none in wp_dropdown_categories when categories
exist
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  nofearinc    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Description changed by SergeyBiryukov:

Old description:

> I can't find an application of having an extra entry for
> '''show_option_none''' select option if we have category listing. Is
> there any reason to keep it there, like for external filters? If so, that
> still conflicts with the second example below.
>
> First off, it is invalid since there are some categories available.
> Second, having both '''show_option_none''' and '''show_option_all'''
> displays both entries.
>
> Related to [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21856 #21856] trying to
> list only visible terms.

New description:

 I can't find an application of having an extra entry for
 '''show_option_none''' select option if we have category listing. Is there
 any reason to keep it there, like for external filters? If so, that still
 conflicts with the second example below.

 First off, it is invalid since there are some categories available.
 Second, having both '''show_option_none''' and '''show_option_all'''
 displays both entries.

 Related to #21856 trying to list only visible terms.

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21862#comment:1>