[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20765: get_attachment_fields_to_edit() returns term->name rather than term->slug, causing conflicts between terms

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Sep 3 04:45:55 UTC 2012

#20765: get_attachment_fields_to_edit() returns term->name rather than term->slug,
causing conflicts between terms
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  eddiemoya     |       Owner:

Comment (by eddiemoya):

 Sorry about setting the version number wrong, I have not done many
 patches.

 Replying to [comment:4 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Considering backwards compatibility, would it make more sense to pass
 the whole `$terms` array in a separate key?

 I dont know if it makes sense in this case to preserve backward
 compatibility in this particular case - any plugins (including earlier
 versions of mine) that rely on this would themselves also be broken. We'd
 be preserving broken behavior for the sake of backward compatibility with
 plugins that were, by extension, also broken.

 If this were an enhancement, or a new feature then yes. However this is
 just broken - the category field using names can't work as they are, and
 they never did.

 Thanks for looking into this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20765#comment:5>