[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21768: Twenty Twelve: "glue" text in .entry-meta not marked up. No way to target it with CSS.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Sep 2 04:00:08 UTC 2012

#21768: Twenty Twelve: "glue" text in .entry-meta not marked up. No way to target
it with CSS.
---------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
---------------------------+-------------------
 The entry meta section of Twenty Twelve contains selectors around the
 clickable items, but not the "glue" text between them. For instance, I'm
 the only person who posts on my blog. I don't want " by Mark" at the
 bottom of each entry. But only the "Mark" part can be targeted by CSS. The
 "by" is just free-floating.

 Ideally I'd be able to display: none; on a selector and kill the whole "
 by Mark" portion.

 This might introduce i18n difficulties if we take it too far, but the
 author section seems like something that should be targetable, at least.
 More advanced cases can just define their own
 {{{twentytwelve_entry_meta()}}}.