[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22307: Twenty Twelve: JavaScript error if navigation wrapper markup is removed from header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 31 18:29:16 UTC 2012

#22307: Twenty Twelve: JavaScript error if navigation wrapper markup is removed
from header
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  sswells        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by DrewAPicture):

 Replying to [comment:16 obenland]:
 > Replying to [comment:15 DrewAPicture]:
 > > I ''do'' believe it is the job of the theme to fail gracefully, just
 as most well-coded functions do when absent all their requirements.
 > Changing the `.entry-content` classes to `.post-content`? It is
 impossible to cover everything child theme authors might throw at it. And
 I would include "removing the menu markup completely" with that.

 IMHO, all of the edge cases are outside the point. The script should fail
 gracefully regardless of outside factors. Fault tolerance is not a new
 idea and as it is already widely applied in core and plugins, I don't see
 why themes shouldn't be held to the same standards.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22307#comment:17>