[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22307: Twenty Twelve: JavaScript error if navigation wrapper markup is removed from header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 31 17:33:28 UTC 2012

#22307: Twenty Twelve: JavaScript error if navigation wrapper markup is removed
from header
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  sswells        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by obenland):

 Replying to [comment:15 DrewAPicture]:
 > OK, I'll bite.

 Yay! :)

 [[BR]]

 > I ''do'' believe it is the job of the theme to fail gracefully, just as
 most well-coded functions do when absent all their requirements.

 To an extend maybe. But where do you draw the line? A child theme
 replacing `header.php` with a file sans `wp_head()`? Changing the `.entry-
 content` classes to `.post-content`? It is impossible to cover everything
 child theme authors might throw at it. And I would include "removing the
 menu markup completely" with that.

 I still believe this is not something that requires fixing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22307#comment:16>