[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22307: Twenty Twelve: JavaScript error if navigation wrapper markup is removed from header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 30 20:13:01 UTC 2012

#22307: Twenty Twelve: JavaScript error if navigation wrapper markup is removed
from header
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  sswells        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by DrewAPicture):

 Replying to [comment:10 obenland]:
 > As far as I'm concerned, this includes plugins. You can't expect the
 theme to handle changes caused by a third party.

 I think this is a very valid point and it underscores that in this case,
 the plugin is modifying theme behavior and not core behavior, which the
 theme shouldn't have to support, parent or not.

 That said, it might be worth throwing a more helpful error of the
 `_doing_it_wrong()` variety instead just bailing as proposed in

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22307#comment:11>