[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not already defined

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Oct 8 13:52:05 UTC 2012

#22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not
already defined
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:

Comment (by BjornW):

 SergeyBiryukov, the related issue you mention is closed. It refers to your
 documentation of this issue on the Codex. This is helpful, but I'd
 consider this still to be an usability bug causing unexpected behaviour
 for superadmins.
 Therefor I suggest it should be addressed not only by documenting the
 issue, but by solving it in the UI.

 My suggestions:

 - changing the UI so that a superadmin can only select file extension from
 the WordPress included whitelist with a note referring to your documation
 that this can be changed using the hook 'upload_mimes'. This can, for
 instance, be done by showing the WordPress whitelist in a multiselect
 dropdown instead of an input field.

 - completely removing the UI option, and relying on a plugin for adding /
 changing file extensions with it's own GUI. This is probably similar to
 how a single WordPress install deals with file extensions (haven't checked
 it yet).

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22128#comment:3>