[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22648: No error reporting for failed upload of background image in theme customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 30 00:54:48 UTC 2012

#22648: No error reporting for failed upload of background image in theme
customizer
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  WPsites          |       Type:  defect (bug)
 I tried uploading a background image using the theme cusomizer in 3.5 RC2
 but nothing happened. After a few more tries I worked out that there was a
 problem uploading the file but WordPress didn't inform me of this, which
 it should.

 It was only once I'd looked at the response from async-upload.php that I
 realised there even was a problem.

 {{{
 filename: "Screen Shot 2012-11-28 at 17.50.55.png"
 message: "Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2012/11. Is its
 parent directory writable by the server?"
 success: false