[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18984: Accessibility: Title attribute should not be added to image markup by media.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 29 18:31:19 UTC 2012

#18984: Accessibility: Title attribute should not be added to image markup by
media.php
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  esmi          |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by nacin):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Re-opening this again.

 What we currently do is use the caption for alt if alt is empty. We should
 subsequently fall back to title for alt.

 Many people are using titles and possibly not captions. We should not
 punish them.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18984#comment:32>