[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22624: New current_user_role function to work for roles like current_user_can does for caps

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 28 22:11:49 UTC 2012

#22624: New current_user_role function to work for roles like current_user_can does
for caps
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark      |       Type:  feature request
 current_user_can( 'capability' ) is great, but it would save some code and
 be more reliable if we had something like this for roles as a global
 function that's easy to get at:

 current_user_role( 'editor' ) would return true if the user has the editor
 role, false if they weren't.

 I'll work on a patch for this when I get a moment, this is just here to
 remind me and let others know what I'm thinking.