[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22382: In iOS 6.01 (Safari) the top menu items have to be "touched" twice to show the submenu

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 8 21:16:02 UTC 2012

#22382: In iOS 6.01 (Safari) the top menu items have to be "touched" twice to show
the submenu
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by georgestephanis):

 It is.  As the menu theoretically has a hover state, the first one would
 trigger the hover state, but not pass through to a click.

 What I'd like to do, if we can, is test for the sub-menu being :visible on
 a click.  If it has a sub menu, and the sub menu isn't visible, then we do
 our thing.  This would also let us apply it to cases where wp_is_mobile()
 is false -- for example, laptops with touch inputs where the user is just
 touching things, but IE (boo hiss) doesn't have or pass an onTouchStart
 event.

 Basic logic being ...

 Oh, you've clicked on a menu item.  How nice.  Do I have a child menu?
 Why yes, I do!  { Is that child menu visible } ? { Do nothing! } : { Show
 the child menu; preventDefault }

 So if they're hovering over the item before they click it, it won't do
 anything.  But if it detects a click without a hover (touch ui) it shows
 the menu and bails.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22382#comment:2>