[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20507: 3.4 Preview/Customize page "Return to Manage Themes" link doesn't work as expected

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue May 8 02:43:15 UTC 2012

#20507: 3.4 Preview/Customize page "Return to Manage Themes" link doesn't work as
expected
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  TomAuger      |       Owner:  koopersmith
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by mdawaffe):

 Since HTTP and HTTPS aren't the same origin, we also need to explicitly
 send credentials in the AJAX request and allow credentials in the CORS
 response.

 Attached in 20507.4.diff

 Also note that in http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/#resource-requests, the spec
 states we should not set any Access-Control headers in the response if the
 Origin in the request does not match our list of acceptable origins.  I
 think the {{{@header()}}} calls should be moved into the if block, and the
 else block should be removed.  Not patched.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20507#comment:16>