[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20326: Widget dropped in sidebar with name=sidebar-two shows up in sidebar with id=sidebar-two (and different name: some-other-name)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Mar 29 12:53:16 UTC 2012

#20326: Widget dropped in sidebar with name=sidebar-two shows up in sidebar with id
=sidebar-two (and different name: some-other-name)
 Reporter:  ruud@…        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Hi,

 reproducing steps:
 register 2 sidebars:

 sidebar 1:
 id   = 'sidebar-one'
 name = 'sidebar-two'

 sidebar 2:
 id   = 'sidebar-two'
 name = 'some-other-name'

 drop a widget in sidebar 1, and it will also after reloading the widget
 page show up in sidebar 2...

 Also: widgets dropped in sidebar 2 disappear.

 OK, OK, i shouldn't be mixing up sidebar names and ids like i did (sorry),
 am going to change that in my setup now, I just wanted to point out that I
 thought that assigning a widget to a sidebar was related to its id only.
 This current behavior strikes me a little strange :)