[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20313: get_theme_data can cause invalid WP_Theme object data to be persistantly cached

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Mar 28 20:02:34 UTC 2012

#20313: get_theme_data can cause invalid WP_Theme object data to be persistantly
cached
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  westi         |       Owner:  nacin

Comment (by nacin):

 Yeah, I definitely see what went wrong here. Nice catch.

 `new WP_Theme( 'twentyten', WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/themes/pub' )` should not
 work... It should recognize that the theme root is not a valid one and
 that the stylesheet should instead be twentyten/pub. Either it should
 error out by saying the theme does not exist, or it should correct the
 theme root and stylesheet on the fly to reflect the proper placement of
 /pub.

 I will take a closer look at the patch -- not sure it will always work due
 to the finickiness of get_theme_root().

 Yeah, testing the cached data can be tough. cache_delete() is a public
 method, so that could be used to test before/after situations.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20313#comment:1>