[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style information

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Mar 18 16:44:19 UTC 2012

#13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style
information
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  brianlayman             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by brianlayman):

 I'd like to re-emphasize the point of this ticket as well. 2.9.2 was out
 when this was written and I was working with three different themes that
 each had their own implementation of the link pages code because the
 existing code in WordPress didn't produce code that could be themed, but
 it did allow complete replacement.  Adding the separator specification was
 a nice extra but the real point of this patch was to get the css class
 specifications in there that would eliminate the need for the alternate
 implementations.  If WP produced code that allowed you to full theme each
 part of the links, there would be a whole lot of themes that could be
 several big functions lighter.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13578#comment:9>