[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20892: Customizer: Separate message url from preview url in customizer JS Previewer and PreviewFrame objects

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jun 8 22:30:21 UTC 2012

#20892: Customizer: Separate message url from preview url in customizer JS
Previewer and PreviewFrame objects
 Reporter:  koopersmith   |      Owner:  koopersmith
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Appearance    |    Version:  3.4
 Severity:  blocker       |   Keywords:
 Currently, the message url and preview url are cobbled together inside the
 previewer — this worked when we did not have robust PreviewFrame objects.
 However, now that we have first class preview objects, we need to properly
 distinguish between the url the messages are sent over (the control url,
 because we're using dynamically created iframes), and the URL of the
 preview request.

 Without this, cross-domain requests are failing based on origin
 mismatches, which is bad. Patch coming soon.