[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20822: Switching visual/html on wp_editor used on front end not saved as new default

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jun 4 06:45:20 UTC 2012

#20822: Switching visual/html on wp_editor used on front end not saved as new
default
 Reporter:  jb510         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  3.3.2
 Severity:  minor         |   Keywords:
 Using the wp_editor on the frontend it doesn't default to the last used
 state it defaults to the last used state on the back end.

 I did find that using:
 add_filter( 'wp_default_editor', create_function('', 'return "tinymce";')
 );

 inside the function I am using to replace the front end comments with the
 visual editor worked around this a for me by defaulting to visual which
 works as well for me in this case as last used, but the default should
 probably change globally when a logged in user toggles between the two
 _or_ should get saved independently.