[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21319: is_textdomain_loaded() returns true even if there are no translations for the domain

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 30 16:19:02 UTC 2012

#21319: is_textdomain_loaded() returns true even if there are no translations for
the domain
------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  nacin             |       Owner:  nbachiyski
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by nbachiyski):

 > It's actually not a micro-optimization.

 Got it, you're right. If we go this route, we would need something like
 this. The static would be much harder to test and I would go with a global
 noop instance, but that's a detail.

 I think we should have two different functions for checking whether the

 I agree about the naming inconsistency. We should think of better names
 for these functions.

 > if a double-loading were to occur with the first one not finding a MO
 file, it would still trigger an expensive {{{merge_with()}}}

 It won't be expensive. When we load the domain we merge the current
 translations onto the new ones, so if the current is empty/noop it will be
 fast. But, of course, free is better than cheap, so the change would be
 good.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21319#comment:5>