[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20052: Support sprites for admin menu icons in register_post_type and add_menu_page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jul 27 08:14:52 UTC 2012

#20052: Support sprites for admin menu icons in register_post_type and
add_menu_page
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  helenyhou       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Changes (by kovshenin):

 * cc: kovshenin@… (added)

Comment:

 They would still need to provide the exact sizes of their sprites for
 hidpi, and I also think it's better to use two different image files, so
 something this:

 {{{
 register_post_type( 'my_post_type', array(
     'menu_icon' => array(
         'image_url'                     => $image_url,
         'image_url_2x'                  => $image_url_2x,
         'background_position'           => '100, 200',
         'background_position_hover'     => '300, 400',
         'background_position_2x'        => '200, 400', // if not specified
 just multiply background_position by two
         'background_position_hover_2x ' => '600, 800', // ditto
     ),
 ) );
 }}}

 Back-compat is just a matter of checking whether menu_icon `is_string` and
 adding the opacity and background-size things. Any suggestions? I can make
 a patch for this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20052#comment:28>