[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18984: Accessibility: Title attribute should not be added to image markup by media.php

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jul 26 19:31:46 UTC 2012

#18984: Accessibility: Title attribute should not be added to image markup by
media.php
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  esmi          |       Owner:

Comment (by DrewAPicture):

 Replying to [comment:22 martythornley]:
 > It sounds like the title attribute should be removed altogether and just
 use the "title" aspect of the image as a naming device in the back end?
 Why not just change title to "Name", so as we edit an image, we can give
 it a "Name" and edit the ALT attribute?

 I think from an administration standpoint, an image title is necessary and
 important and should be fed via the image's EXIF data as it is now. This
 is not really an issue of contention and falls outside this ticket's
 scope.

 Really we just want to use the alt value instead of the title value in
 markup.

 Replying to [comment:23 nacin]:
 > #21390 will result in some changes on how these fields are presented

 Thanks for the heads up.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18984#comment:24>