[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21311: The "Paste as plain text" feature in TinyMCE produces double-line breaks between paragraphs.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jul 20 08:44:55 UTC 2012

#21311: The "Paste as plain text" feature in TinyMCE produces double-line breaks
between paragraphs.
 Reporter:  uxtremist     |       Owner:

Comment (by uxtremist):

 Thanks for the response. I can't see the "Text" editor tab at all, even in
 full-screen mode. Is this in version 3.4.1?

 Note: In the TinyMCE demonstration, the paste-as-plain-text plugin doesn't
 have a pop-up window — but it otherwise behaves as I would expect; that
 is, it doesn't insert empty   lines:
 http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php

 I agree that if the "Paste as text" button is redundant, it should be
 removed. What happens if I want to paste HTML into the "Text" editor tab?
 Does it strip out the HTML tags?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21311#comment:3>