[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #2567: XML-RPC returns incorrect content length header when using metaWeblog.getRecentPosts

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 30 10:47:22 UTC 2012

#2567: XML-RPC returns incorrect content length header when using
metaWeblog.getRecentPosts
-------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  dasher@…                       |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by westi):

 * keywords:  WPMU xml-rpc => xml-rpc

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:6 wonderboymusic]:
 > This is a problem for me as well - I just imported a bunch of "legacy"
 content from our old CMS and am getting the wrong content-length when I
 return content that has a bunch of JavaScript and CSS in it - gross, I
 know. The XML-RPC requests work when I debug in PHP code, but they break
 in Java code when the response are returned with wrong Content-Length,
 typically 12 characters less than actually exist.

 > Seems like the list of headers should be filterable

 Could you provide an example (redacted if necessary) post content that can
 be used to reproduce this error?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2567#comment:8>