[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15989: image_resize_dimensions() mistakenly defaults crop center as image's center of gravity.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Jan 14 02:14:32 UTC 2012

#15989: image_resize_dimensions() mistakenly defaults crop center as image's center
of gravity.
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  jacof                               |       Owner:  markjaquith
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mgolawala):

 We are using the thumbnail API to generate our thumbnails from portrait
 images. When we noticed the cropping around the center was incorrectly
 causing the faces of the subject of the photograph to be lost, we
 investigated the API to see if there was any way to change the center from
 which the crop was taken. On searching trac, we came across this ticket
 and it would make a lot of sense for us to use a filter such as the one in
 the patch, instead of implementing/adding a thumbnail plugin just so we
 can crop from the top instead of the center.

 Is there a plan to include this in core soon? Are there any steps our team
 can take to help move this along and have it included in core?

 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15989#comment:8>