[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19795: Documentation or code bug in register_taxonomy_for_object_type function (wp-includes/taxonomy.php)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 10 20:19:39 UTC 2012

#19795: Documentation or code bug in register_taxonomy_for_object_type function
(wp-includes/taxonomy.php)
 Reporter:  transom       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Taxonomy      |    Version:  3.3.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 The documentation indicates that the post_type can be an array or a
 string.

 However, the code passes the post_type to get_post_type_object without
 change and that function expects a string (ouch)

 So the choices are: change the documentation or loop over an array.

 If we loop, what does returning the bool true/false mean? We added all the
 post_types or just some of the post_types

 Happy to provide a diff with feedback on direction