[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20066: SImplify the functionality of script_concat_settings() and remove the globals

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Feb 18 07:16:23 UTC 2012

#20066: SImplify the functionality of script_concat_settings() and remove the
globals
-------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by azaozz):

 There's an initial patch by ericlewis:
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/20055/20055-3.patch

 Not sure what the best back-compat option is here. Outright removing the
 globals would break plugins that use them. Seems we should move
 `script_concat_settings()` to deprecated.php and trigger the appropriate
 "deprecated" messages.

 Then we can introduce simplified function that would return whether
 compression from PHP is supported by the server using
 `CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS`, `COMPRESS_SCRIPTS` and
 `get_site_option('can_compress_scripts')`.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20066#comment:1>