[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20058: XMLRPC: Post excerpt should only be updated if one was provided in metaWeblog.editPost

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 17 09:30:31 UTC 2012

#20058: XMLRPC: Post excerpt should only be updated if one was provided in
metaWeblog.editPost
 Reporter:  mrroundhill   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  XML-RPC       |    Version:  3.3.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch mobile
 I received a bug report for the WPAndroid app that said the post excerpt
 would be deleted when a user edited an existing post on their blog. The
 app doesn't deal with the post excerpt at all so it doesn't pass anything
 back in the mt_excerpt field in the metaWeblog.editPost call.

 I'm going to fix this by passing back the mt_excerpt from the app, but I
 think it would be best for the API to only update the excerpt if one was
 provided. I've created a patch that does this.