[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19922: Cookie urlencoding in getHeaderValue method of WP_Http_Cookie confuses servers

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 10 22:00:08 UTC 2012

#19922: Cookie urlencoding in getHeaderValue method of WP_Http_Cookie confuses
servers
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  pw201                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 > However, the Data contained within cookies is only useful to the origin
 server, We shouldn't try to interpret it, as we have no need to, we simply
 need to send back the same data that we received, Plugin authors can pass
 any kind of data in, and it should be sent as-is. Or at least, that's my
 understanding of how we should be handling it.

 I would agree with that.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19922#comment:6>