[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20005: Use single and plural Label arguments to populate defaults for Labels in register_post_type

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 10 05:18:26 UTC 2012

#20005: Use single and plural Label arguments to populate defaults for Labels in
register_post_type
 Reporter:  ericlewis    |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Post Types   |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 When creating a post type, the $labels array seems a bit superfluous to
 me, given that there is a singular name for the post type and an option
 for a plural one in the argument 'label'. Including every custom label
 string as arguments also tends to bloat code for each post type
 definition, and I've begun to use a wrapper for register_post_types to
 deal with this.

 I support using the arguments $labels['name'] and $labels['singular_name']
 to fill the rest of the default labels for custom post types.