[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22968: No way to view_others_posts without being forced to have edit_others_posts enabled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 17 02:02:42 UTC 2012

#22968: No way to view_others_posts without being forced to have edit_others_posts
enabled
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810        |       Type:  defect (bug)
 I'm using the Roles plugin to tweak default roles, and I'm looking to add
 the capability for Authors to read unpublished posts (drafts by other
 users, so that they can give feedback before they're published).

 Unfortunately, it seems that while there's an edit_others_posts perm,
 there's no equivalent read_others_posts, so doing this is impossible
 unless you enable editing as well (that's not something I want to do).
 Read_private_posts doesn't do the trick either, in case you were going to
 suggest trying it.

 The right solution, IMO, is to introduce read_others_posts (and same for
 pages).

 Thank you.