[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style information

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 6 14:59:56 UTC 2012

#13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style
information
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  brianlayman             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by chipbennett):

 Replying to [comment:16 scribu]:
 > Under these circumstances, I think ''requiring'' themes to use this
 function is a mistake. The guidelines should mandate that multi-page
 functionality has to be ''exposed'' in the theme, not ''how'' it should be
 implemented.

 That is something to be discussed on the Theme-Reviewers mail-list, or on
 the Make/Themes site, rather than in this Trac ticket. But that change
 goes against a fundamental principle of the Theme Review guidelines: that
 Themes support core implementation of features.

 Thus, I would rather the Theme Review Team push for improving the core
 implementation, rather than saying that it is acceptable for Themes to
 roll their own, just because the core implementation isn't perfect.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13578#comment:17>