[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style information

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 6 14:22:10 UTC 2012

#13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style
information
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  brianlayman             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by Rarst):

 To enumerate my fresh experience with this function (I was trying to
 achieve functionality of pagination component in Twitter Bootstrap):

  - no way to add elements outside of link
  - no way to retrieve links as HTML list
  - no output filter

 In a nutshell markup is impossible to properly customize and what markup
 you get is hard to style.

 Given that this is on the list of **required** functions to be used in
 theme per guidelines - it's in serious need of improvement.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13578#comment:15>