[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22755: Re-adding TinyMCE to textarea renders visual editor invisible - fixed upstream

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 5 15:57:15 UTC 2012

#22755: Re-adding TinyMCE to textarea renders visual editor invisible - fixed
upstream
 Reporter:  Marko-M       |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by nacin):

 TinyMCE has *always* had DOM movement issues, so I wouldn't mind too much
 if this waited for 3.6. Or was this hiding aspect new in 3.5.7?

 Here's a full changelog of 3.5.8 (with my commentary) —
  * Fixed bug where html5 data attributes where stripped from contents.
 (This is bad, but does this apply to us?)
  * Fixed bug where toolbar was annouced multiple times with JAWS on
 Firefox. (Nice fix.)
  * Fixed bug where the editor view whouldn't scroll to BR elements when
 using shift+enter or br enter mode. (This sounds like it would affect us,
 but is minor.)
  * Fixed bug where a JS error would be thrown when trying to paste table
 rows then the rows clipboard was empty. (WP's TinyMCE Advanced only,
 sounds like.)
  * Fixed bug with auto detection logic for youtube urls in the media
 plugin. (Media plugin only.)
  * Fixed bug where the formatter would throw errors if you used the jQuery
 version of TinyMCE and the latest jQuery. (We don't use this version,
 correct?)
  * Fixed bug where the latest WebKit versions would produce span elements
 when deleting text between blocks. (Yeah, that's no fun.)
  * Fixed bug where the autolink plugin would produce DOM exceptions when
 pressing shift+enter inside a block element. (We don't use this plugin.)
  * Fixed bug where toggling of blockquotes when using br enter mode would
 produce an exception. (Do we use br enter mode?)
  * Fixed bug where focusing out of the body of the editor wouldn't
 properly add an undo level. (?)
  * Fixed issue with warning message being displayed on IE 9+ about the
 meta header fix for IE 8. (No idea what this is.)

 I don't even see this commit referenced in the changelog. The one that
 bothers me is the stripping of HTML5 data attributes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22755#comment:2>