[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22738: 3.5 Media: Correct display of dimensions for large-size images in size dropdown

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 5 10:44:24 UTC 2012

#22738: 3.5 Media: Correct display of dimensions for large-size images in size
dropdown
 Reporter:  jond3r        |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by jond3r):

 I actually tested to insert a large image on the front-end by adding a
 line like:

 {{{
  echo wp_get_attachment_image($attachment_id, 'large');
 }}}

 to a template file, and it was constrained to $content_width as expected.

 I also added a featured image (post thumbnail) to a post, and it worked as
 far as I could see. A custom image size named "post-thumbnail" was created
 when uploading, and it was used in the output code with the actual
 dimensions of the image.

 At my first test with a featured image i selected an image which did not
 have the custom size "post-thumbnail", and in this case a full-size image
 was used, even though a large-size was available, which would be more
 appropriate. The image was however "constrained" to the post-thumbnail
 dimension (624 px for TwentyTwelve) which seems correct.

 So, so far I have not been able to break the patch. :)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22738#comment:13>