[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22659: Media modal: When changing a setting, tabbing to the next field doesn't work

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 1 05:57:12 UTC 2012

#22659: Media modal: When changing a setting, tabbing to the next field doesn't
work
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90       |       Owner:

Comment (by nacin):

 This is quite complicated, but here's the basic workflow:
  * On the change event, we can record A) which setting is getting changed,
 and B) if it was a "Tab" that triggered the change event.
  * After the view is re-rendered, we can find the field that got changed.
  * If it was a tab or shift-tab, we find the next or previous tabbable
 element (courtesy of jQuery UI) and set the focus there.

 There's a lot of work in #22502 to make the entire modal tabbable. That is
 *not* the goal here. We can cherry-pick what we need from there. The goal
 here is to simply make it possible to tab from title, to caption, to alt,
 etc., in that one attachment view settings pane.

 Needs an owner, not koopersmith. He's got other things. :-) lessbloat?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22659#comment:3>