[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21735: Clarify the potentially destructive nature of changing your site address from General Settings

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 29 21:50:37 UTC 2012

#21735: Clarify the potentially destructive nature of changing your site address
from General Settings
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 We are introducing a constant to handle multisite-in-a-subdirectory in
 #19796. I haven't done final reviews on that yet because I want to see how
 we can use a constant, probably the same one, here.

 If home == siteurl, we should just hide the siteurl field. home should
 possibly stay but only to be able to change domains, add/remove www, etc.
 We should add some validation as discussed in #10970 and elsewhere. (See
 dd32's plugin.)

 If home != siteurl, then we give them the UI. Unless it is constant-
 controlled (new way) in which case, no UI.

 Beyond that, this is essentially a duplicate of #10970. Shall we close
 this and move that to 3.5?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21735#comment:2>