[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20235: the_author_posts_link() generates links with username instead of display name - this is insecure

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Aug 23 10:17:51 UTC 2012

#20235: the_author_posts_link() generates links with username instead of display
name - this is insecure
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  asdfasd567   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by zodiac1978):

 * cc: zodiac1978 (added)

Comment:

 +1 on this.

 For example: My username ist "foo" and I have set "Display name publicly
 as": "bar"

 Then I expect that my username "foo" is not displayed anymore. Not in
 comment classes and not in author urls. It has to be "bar" in these cases.

 This plugin provides a way to rename the author slug:
 http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/edit-author-slug/

 But the core problem remains.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20235#comment:2>