[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18399: Password Strength Meter should usually mark passwords that contain password as weak

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Aug 15 23:22:52 UTC 2012

#18399: Password Strength Meter should usually mark passwords that contain password
as weak
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jorbin           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
Changes (by ericlewis):

 * cc: eric.andrew.lewis@… (added)

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 solarissmoke]:
 > What about all the other weak phrases that people might use?

 Perhaps we could include a list of the top 25 (more?) most common
 passwords, and return "Very Weak" for all of them? I'm not sure what the
 best compromise between security and code bloat would be here.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18399#comment:4>