[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20507: 3.4 Preview/Customize page "Return to Manage Themes" link doesn't work as expected

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 21 23:18:04 UTC 2012

#20507: 3.4 Preview/Customize page "Return to Manage Themes" link doesn't work as
expected
 Reporter:  TomAuger      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes        |    Version:  3.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 The link that's supposed to take you back to the Manage Themes page
 doesn't work as expected (browser: Google Chrome).

 If you are customizing a theme and make any changes, the "Return" link at
 the top of the sidebar doesn't take you back to the Manage Themes page.

 For each change that you make (ie: when editing one of the fields), you
 have to click that many times on the Return link before you get taken back
 to the main page. It's as if each "autosave" onChange of each input field
 gets stored in the browser's history and you have to go back that many
 times before you go back to the page you're expecting.

 And it doesn't work like an incremental Undo either - clicking the link
 even once undoes all the changes you made (unless you Save). But you still
 have to click the link that many times before it actually takes you back.

 While I'm on the topic - I wonder whether it's a mistake to make the
 "Save" button take you out of the Customize mode? As an end user, it
 surprised me that it didn't just save, but leave me there.