[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20438: Custom Post Types with Post Format support aren't registered against post_format taxonomy

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Apr 14 07:03:13 UTC 2012

#20438: Custom Post Types with Post Format support aren't registered against
post_format taxonomy
 Reporter:  batmoo        |       Owner:

Comment (by nacin):

 If you are going to add UI support for post formats, you should just add
 the object type to the taxonomy as well.

 So:
 {{{
 add_post_type_support( 'page', 'post-formats' );
 register_taxonomy_for_object_type( 'post-format', 'page' );
 }}}

 We discussed this in 3.1. Given that using post formats for something
 other than posts is generally not going to be a good idea (or at least a
 very uncommon one), I certainly think two lines is just fine, rather than
 one plus doing something to unnecessarily automate this in core.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20438#comment:3>