[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18593: WP Object Cache global can be easily hijacked, so some functions return fatal errors

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Sep 19 13:34:46 UTC 2011

#18593: WP Object Cache global can be easily hijacked, so some functions return
fatal errors
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  wonderboymusic  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 I would argue that this is part of the life of using "advanced dropins" -
 to ensure that they're kept up to date when you upgrade core.

 All the methods/functions which you've patched here, are ideally, a "core
 functionality" of the class and are required.. When new functionality is
 introduced, the best has been done to prevent fataling completely:
 [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/load.php#L411
 through the usage of function_exists()].

 If anything, My only thought here is that dropins should have some kind of
 update notification - perhaps tied into a plugin, like most caching
 plugins do.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18593#comment:1>