[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18627: Google Chrome handles bulleted lists differently in Visual Editor than other browsers

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Sep 9 16:10:52 UTC 2011

#18627: Google Chrome handles bulleted lists differently in Visual Editor than
other browsers
 Reporter:  tomauger      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 In Firefox (working functionality):

 1. create brand new post or page
 2. in the visual editor, click Bulleted List icon
 3. In Format menu choose H1
 4. Type some text (it's inside a ul >> li >> h1)
 5. Press Enter

 Result: a new bullet, and we've lost the H1 style (just inside a ul >> li
 now)

 Try this with Chrome 13.x

 1. create a brand new post or page
 2. in the visual editor hit the Bulleted List icon
 3. in the Format menu choose H1
 4. Type some text (it's inside a ul >> li >> h1)
 5. Press enter

 Result: no new bullet. We're inside a ul >> li >> div

 Also tested in IE 7 and 8 (works fine). haven't tried other WebKit
 browsers.