[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18554: Twenty Eleven body classes for singular does not check condition is_front_page()

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Sep 1 00:40:03 UTC 2011

#18554: Twenty Eleven body classes for singular does not  check condition
is_front_page()
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Gabriel Reguly  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by Gabriel Reguly):

 Please notice that is_singular() also returns true for the
 is_page_template() conditions (because they are pages) yet are checked for
 at the function and not labeled as 'singular'.

 {{{
         if ( is_singular() && ! is_home() ! is_page_template(
 'showcase.php' ) && ! is_page_template( 'sidebar-page.php' ) )
                 $classes[] = 'singular';

 }}}

 So thanks for the explanation, but, sorry, I am still wondering if
 is_home_page() should  be added or not.

 Maybe the theme developers could explain their intention.

 I am fine with the current situation, I just have added a filter and
 redirected it to my own version ;-)

 {{{
 // fix body class
 function my_theme_body_classes( $classes ) {
         remove_filter( 'body_class', 'twentyeleven_body_classes' );
 // baseado em function twentyeleven_body_classes( $classes ) {
         if ( ! is_multi_author() ) {
                 $classes[] = 'single-author';
         }
         if ( is_singular() && ! is_home() && ! is_front_page() && !
 is_page_template( 'showcase.php' ) && ! is_page_template( 'sidebar-
 page.php' ) )
                 $classes[] = 'singular';

         return $classes;
 }
 add_filter( 'body_class', 'my_theme_body_classes', 5 );

 }}}

 Just suggested the enhancement as someone else could benefit from it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18554#comment:5>