[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19036: Id slugs don't display the post in singular view when one uses a custom slug for permalinks.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Oct 24 23:35:31 UTC 2011

#19036: Id slugs don't display the post in singular view when one uses a custom
slug for permalinks.
 Reporter:  atoon         |       Owner:
Changes (by atoon):

 * keywords:  reporter-feedback =>

Comment:

 Sorry, English is not my native language.

 I did test with the default theme and no plugins and it persist. I will
 try to summarize:

 By default, one can select a number of predefined options for posts
 custom way using tokens (%category%, %postname&, %year%, %post_id%, etc.)
 The default ones always work, but when one want to use a custom
 'directory' before %postname% that is not formed by a token (like
 '/archives/%postname%', '/articles/%postname%', '/node/%postname%', etc.)
 AND a post has a slug that is the same as the post id (with a permalink
 like '/articles/2053/', generally if one forgot to put the title in first
 place and the post got auto saved), the post shows 404'd at its
 corresponding permalink (namely 'single/singular' view), yet it shows in
 the loop as always.

 Note that one of the default options is '/archives/%post_id%'. That works
 because is using the 'post id' rather than the 'post name'. In the post
 where the problem occurs, the post name and post id are the same, so
 perhaps is related to the problem.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19036#comment:2>