[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19005: Only super-admins can add-media via the wp_editor when called on the front end.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Oct 19 19:49:12 UTC 2011

#19005: Only super-admins can add-media via the wp_editor when called on the front
end.
 Reporter:  anointed      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  3.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Setup:
 use wp_editor() on the front-end of a website.

 I as a super-admin in a multisite setup am the only one able to add images
 to the post and have them actually show up. Every other user cap sees the
 following behavior.

 - click add image to editor
 - image shows up in editor when clicking add to post
 - publish post, no image shows up.

 If I do the same thing as a super-admin, then images added to the editor
 show up just fine when the post is published.